Saturday, May 15, 2010

Visiting the Mouse

It's been over a month, but I'm finally posting some pictures from our recent Disneyland vacation. Yes, I know I said it would be a few more years before I returned, but we decided to go again this year. To make things more interesting, we drove. A few years ago, driving from Orem to California would have been daunting, but after last year's drive to Minnesota and Ohio, it seemed like a walk in the park by comparison. :) We also went solo for the first time. On our other trips, we have gone with at least one other family member or friend.

The drive both ways was uneventful, other than rain and wind on the way down. The weather was beautiful, the complimentary breakfast at the hotel was tasty, and the kids were reasonably well behaved. I was also grateful for my cell phone (a fairly recent purchase, yes I know, now I can join the 20th century), which made it very easy to split up and then meet up later.

Some of my favorite moments were taking Esther and Jayson on a roller-coaster for the first time (both of them loved their first ride, Jayson didn't enjoy the second time around), a brief solo excursion to Tommorowland one evening (including catching part of the fireworks show in the park), and meeting up with family one day and a close friend on another day.

In a nutshell, the trip goes far smoother when the kids are a little bit older. :)

Here are a few pictures from our most recent adventure:



Lizzie enjoyed riding the "ponies."



This picture of Lizzie is almost identical to one taken of her big sister Esther four years ago.



What is this Mickey Mouse operation anyway? ;)



Esther near the carousel in Fantasyland.



Jayson eagerly anticipates the day's adventures.



Lizzie caught in a moment of spontaneous Disney magic and happiness. I had just finished taking another picture while looking the other way. I turned around with the camera in my hands, and was able to capture this priceless photo. Sometimes you get lucky as a photographer. :) I've always felt that the best shots are the candid ones.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

What a great trip!! I'm glad it went so well and, you are right, trips do become easier as they get older. :) I can't believe how much they have grown! WOW! :) Thanks for sharing!